Fee Information (2011-2012)
The cost of educating each child at St. James is approximately $6,200.00 per year. A portion of those funds comes from tuition and/or fees. The remainder is provided by the members of St. James Lutheran Church, in keeping with its mission to make quality, Christian education accessible to all.
Through the consistent, Christ-minded tithes of each member at St. James, we can provide a quality education for all children of the congregation.
Tuition and Fees
|LC-MS* Members Tuition
|Grades K (half-day) - 8
||$1,000 additional per kindergartner
*Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
|Non-LC-MS Members Tuition
||$1,000 additional per kindergartner
|Grades 1 through 8
|Plus 1 half-day Kindergartener
||Per Month (9 months)
|Pre-Kindergarten (4 year old)
|Pre-School (3 year old)
|Pre-School (2 year old)
Other Fees: As applicable and as needed for all students (member & non-member)
|Registration/Books - Kindergarten
|Registration/Books - Grades 1 - 2
||P.E. Shorts (5th-8th)
|Registration/Books - Grades 3 - 4
||P.E. Shirts (5th-8th)
|Registration/Books - Grades 5 - 8
||Birthday Books (optional)
|PTL Dues (per family)
|Concordia Self Study Bible
|Bible-Faith Alive (3rd - 8th)
||Lab Goggles (6th-8th)
Elective Course Policy
- Fees for Elective Courses, (i.e. Band, Spanish) are charged by the semester. No fee adjustments will be made for withdrawing from an elective course in mid-semester. Once a semester begins, if parents choose to withdraw their child from an elective course before the end of the semester, they are still responsible for paying the fees for the elective course for the full semester.
Fee Payment Policies
- Payment is due in-full at registration for any school or child care fees not yet paid from the previous school year.
- Payment is due in-full at registration for items such as P.E. uniforms, Catechisms, Bibles, yearbooks, recorders, and PTL dues.
- For Grades K-8
- a minimum of 10% of the Family Fee or Tuition is due at Registration.
- a minimum of 10% of the Registration Fee (which includes books, computer fee, art fee, van fee, swimming fee, and insurance) is due at Registration.
- a minimum of 10% of Band and/or Foreign Language fees is due at Registration.
- The remainder of the K-8 fees may be paid according to one of the payment options listed below.
- For Pre-School/Pre-Kindergarten:
- For families with only Pre-School/Pre-Kindergarteners the enrollment fee, the PTL dues, and the final month's payment are due at registration.
- For families with both Pre-S/Pre-K and K-8 students the enrollment fee and the PTL dues are due at registration. The remainder of the Pre-School/Pre-K fees may be paid according to one of the payment options listed below.
- All other charges are due in full as they are incurred.
For your convenience, three payment options are offered for the balance of your fees. You may pay:
- The full balance at the time of registration.
- In 9 equal monthly payments beginning in September. (8 payments for families with only Pre-School/Pre-Kindergartners)
- In 9 equal monthly automatic withdrawals from your checking or savings account.
These are the only payment options.
- Monthly payments are due by the Thursday after the 5th of each month.
- A late fee of $5 will be assessed when payments do not arrive by the end of the day on the due date.
- If payment has not been received by the end of the month, the parents will be contacted to remind them and to identify any special needs or circumstances.
At the end of the first semester all school fees and child care fees must be current in order to return to school for the second semester. If necessary, a written special payment plan may be agreed upon in lieu of bringing the accounts up to date. If the plan is not followed the parents will be notified following the first missed plan payment that the children may not attend.