P.T.L. Board Goals 2008-2010
- To be good stewards of the P.T.L.’s funds
- Make the process of fund disbursement to staff convenient and accessible on line
- Create and maintain a P.T.L. budget
- Continue with SCRIP as our main source of income to cover school expenses which are not in the regular school budget
- Improve meetings having educational speakers/presentations or happenings appealing to St. James families
- Increase attendance at meetings
- Recognition of volunteers/teachers
- Build up room parent program.
- Advertise P.T.L. events to school and church families
- Keep open communication with the principal, pastors and Board of Education
- Continue to support hot lunch program
Where does the PTL money go??
The money that PTL obtains through the scrip program, carnival, and golf for greens greatly benefits the children and teachers at St. James Lutheran School.
- P.T.L. Events
- Big Ticket items
- Teacher Appreciation
Without the help of the PTL funds the following items would not have been purchased for the school.
- $20,000 new computers (This expense occurs every 4 years and PTL saves $5000 a year for computers)
- $1,500 new tables for upper grade classrooms
- $1000 daycare/nursery sink and cabinets project
- $480 preschool curriculum
- $200 new yearbook camera
- $500 Title I new computer
- Kindergarten round up
- $1000 library
- $450 science fair (shirts)
- School social events
- $500 color laser printer for computer lab
- $500 kindergarten and resource room bookshelves
- $100 school field day
- $540 school advertisement
- New Dishwasher for Cafeteria and Walk in Freezer