Mom to Mom Calendar of Events
Mom to Mom Description
- What is “Mom to Mom”? Mom to Mom is a network of mothers with children who are elementary school-age and younger who get together to do a variety of things with each other and their children.
- Who is it for? All women with children who are 8th graders and younger. This is for moms who work full time, part time, or stay at home. We have something for everyone.
- What’s the point? The point is to have a chance to get to know the other moms in our congregation/community; to develop relationships that help support one another in our vocations as mothers; to help moms with similar needs meet one another so they can share resources, and for moms with different resources to be able to share with one another; to encourage one another that “YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!”
- How do I join? Simply come to one of the events listed in the newsletter and bulletins. Email Heather Salemink and she will get you on the email list so you can receive reminders about upcoming events.
- Do I have to come to every event in order to be a part of the network? Nope. Come to the events that work for you and your family. We are always looking for new event ideas. If you have one let us know.
- Does it cost anything to be involved? Nope, unless the event is a trip to someplace with an entrance fee.
- Where can I find information about the events? Check the bulletins at church each week, the church newsletter each month, and the school News & Notes. Also you can call Heather for more information.
Resources for Moms
- Hearts at Home - http:// www.hearts-at-home.org/
- Adventures in Odyssey - http://www.whitsend.org/radio/
Peanut Butter BallsSubmitted By: Cara WetzelMasson Family Peanut Butter Balls Ingredients: 1 ½ lb powdered sugar (4 cups)—do not use Domino—use C&H or generic 1 lb Jif (18 oz jar) ½ lb Oleo (margarine) Nuts if desired 4 ½ - 5 big Hershey bars (40 oz) Cream oleo, Jif, and powdered sugar. Roll into balls. Melt milk chocolate and dip balls and put on wax paper.
Cinnamon TwistsSubmitted By: Amy SchoonCinnamon Twists Ingredients Filling: •1/4 cup brown sugar •2 Tbls margarine (softened) •1-2 tsp cinnamon •8 oz refrigerated crescent rolls Glaze: •3/4 cup powdered sugar •1 Tbls margarine (melted) •1-2 Tbls hot water Make It Mix all ingredients in the filling together. Take two rectangles of the crescent rolls and press them together. Spread with the filling mixture. Cover with the other two rectangles. Cut crosswise into strips. Twist and seal. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes. When cool - mix ingredients of the glaze together and drizzle over cookies.
Chocolate Mint Parfait BarsSubmitted By: Joy PlassardChocolate Mint Parfait Bars Ingredients Base 1 pkg Chocolate Mint Cake Mix (or use regular chocolate cake mix and 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract). 1/3 C. Margarine 1 Egg Filling 1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin 1/4 C. Boiling Water 4 C. Powdered Sugar 1/2 C. Margarine 1/2 C. Shortening 1/4 tsp. Peppermint Extract 2-3 Drops Green Food Coloring Frosting 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet Chocolate Chips 6 T. Margarine Make It: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15x10 jelly roll pan. In a large bowl, combine all base ingredients at low speed until crumbly. Press in bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, cool. In large bowl combine softened gelatin, 4 cups powdered sugar, margarine, shortening, peppermint extract and food coloring. Beat 1 min. at medium speed or until smooth. Spread evenly over cooked crust. In small sauce pan, blend choc. chips and margarine over low heat until melted. Spoon evenly over filling. Chill until firm. Cut into bars.
Sugar CookiesBy: Debbie WalshSugar Cookie 2 cups sugar 1 cup shortening 3 eggs (beaten) 1/4 -1/2 cup sour milk (add 1/2 tsp soda) 1/4 tsp salt 2 tsp baking powder 2 tsp vanilla 5 1/2 cups flour Cream sugar and shortening together, add eggs, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Add flour one cup at a time, alternating with sour milk. I rarely use more than 1/4 cup milk and usually only 5 cups of flour. When the dough is a good consistency for rolling, I stop adding flour. Roll out on flour. Bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes. Frosting: 1 stick butter, softened 3 cups powdered sugar 3-5 Tbsp milk 1 tsp vanilla cream butter, milk and vanilla, then add powdered sugar. If you are going to color the frosting and will be using liquid food color, cut back on the milk by 2 teaspoons or so. You can always add to get to a nice consistency to spread.
Oatmeal CookiesBy Melanie HeathOatmeal Cookies (Grandma Heath) Cream together: 1 c. Shortening (Crisco – no butter) 1 c. Brown Sugar 1 c. White Sugar Add to above mixture: 2 Beaten Eggs 1 T. Vanilla Sift together then add to above mixture: 1 ½ c. Flour (sifted) 1 t. Salt 1 t. Soda Fold in last: 3 c. Rolled Oats ½ c. Raisins (I always use 1 cup raisins and omit the nuts) (You can substitute dried cherries, blueberries or cranberries for raisins if you choose) ½ c. Chopped Nuts Drop by spoonfuls on baking sheet Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes Cool 2 minutes before removing from pan.
Bailey's Irish Cream BarsBy: Jen ProbstBailey's Irish Cream Bars 1 pkg. Yellow Cake Mix 3 eggs 2/3 C. Bailey’s Irish Cream 1/3 C. oil For Swirl: 1 can cream cheese frosting Vanilla Creamy 1 pkg. white chocolate chips 1/4 C. Bailey’s Irish Cream Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a jelly roll pan (about 15″ x 10″ x1″). Mix cake mix with eggs, Irish Cream and oil. Set aside 1/2 cup of prepared cake batter for swirl. Pour cake batter into prepared pan. In a small bowl, blend all swirl ingredients. Drop large spoonfuls of this mixture over the cake batter (but not too close to the edge). Swirl with a fork to make a marble effect. Bake 25 – 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Makes about 36 brownies
Peanut Butter Kiss CookiesSubmitted By: Lucy JohnsonPeanut Butter Kiss Cookies 1 3/4 C Flour 1/2 C Sugar 1/2 C Brown Sugar 1 tsp. Soda 1/2 tsp. Salt 1/2 C. Butter 1/2 C. Peanut Butter 1 Egg 2 TBSP. Milk 1 tsp. Vanilla Combine ingredients. Roll into balls, roll balls in sugar. Bake on cookie sheet at 350° for 10 minutes. Top with chocolate Kiss immediately upon removal from oven.
Rump Roast TeriyakiSubmitted By: Amy SchoonRump Roast Teriyaki what you need Rump roast 1/2 cup soy sauce 1/2 cup pineapple juice 1/4 cup salad oil 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp powdered ginger 1 Tbls brown sugar 1 pkg brown gravy mix 4 tsp melted butter make it Marinate rump roast for 1 to 3 days. Roast on a rack, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 275 degrees and roast 40 minutes per pound, basting occasionally. Combine gravy mix with butter. Add marinade and simmer while slicing roast. Pour gravy over roast and serve
Chicken Tortilla SoupSubmitted By: Amy SchoonIngredients: •1 1/2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up •28 oz can tomatoes •15 oz can black beans, drained •1 pkg taco seasoning •16 oz jar salsa •48 oz chicken broth •4 green chilies •15 oz can corn, drained •5-6 green onions, chopped Directions: Put all ingredients in a large crock pot. Let simmer all day. Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.