Why Does St. James Lutheran School exist?
With God as our foundation, we educate and equip for service, for Christ, the mind, heart, and spirit of the 21st
This vision statement also serves as our mission statement as we strive daily to share our Christian faith and love
toward one another through Matthew 28:19-20, “Go therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in
the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit; teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you,
and lo, I AM with you always, to the end of the age.”
- Each child in school is led to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and fully understand and comprehend that salvation comes by grace through faith that Jesus died for their sins. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- As the Gospel of Jesus Christ is presented, children are encouraged to apply God’s standard to their own actions, behaviors, and attitudes. Children are taught and encouraged to move their faith from their head to their heart. (Faith in Action)
- Children are granted forgiveness and in turn are taught the importance of extending God’s grace to others. (Gentleness, Kindness, and Compassion)
- Each student has at least one good friend and hears a kind and caring word each day. Teachers encourage and build up their students. Students build up, support, and care for each other. (Respect)
- Teachers and staff members lead by example – words, actions, behaviors, and attitudes. (Character)
Our Philosophy—How do we do it?
At St. James Lutheran School,
- We share the Christian faith as reflected in the Lutheran Confessions in a Christ-centered environment.
- We believe only a balanced education, one that provides for spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social growth, can prepare today's youth to be responsible citizens at home and in their community.
- We bring that balance by integrating Christ's love into the fabric of each day. Classroom work is intertwined with opportunities for worship, study of God's Word, and fellowship.
- We target each student's individual needs, striving for academic excellence with sound Christ-centeredinstruction. We work to help students master the academic skills they need, as well as develop their individual talents.
- By actively communicating with parents and students, we form close relationships with one another that results in a family-like atmosphere where we encourage, uplift, connect, celebrate, console and care for one another. We cultivate students’ interests so that we can help direct, guide, and mold students in to whatever God has planned for them in their futures. As a result, students receive a quality education. But more importantly, they learn to recognize themselves as 2 persons of worth made by a loving God in His own image.